Skinnytaste.comServings: 12 • Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
Calories: 65.9 • Fat: 0.2 g • Protein: 0.2 g • Carb: 17.5 g • Fiber: 2.8 g • Sugar:12
Sodium: 0.6 mg
- 8 medium apples (Use a combination of Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Fuji, Gala, etc.) (I filled the crockpot, using about 20 small apples)
- 1 strips of lemon peel - use a vegetable peeler
3 inch cinnamon stick
5 tsp light brown sugar (unpacked) - or agave
1. Peel, core and chop the apples.
2. Add the sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice and cinnamon stick.
3. Set crock pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples occasionally, apples will slowly become a delicious applesauce. Remove cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blenduntil smooth or if you prefer a chunky sauce, leave sauce intact. (I used a whisk, which gave the sauce a nice chunky consistency.)
4. Can and process as you would other recipes or keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks.