Featured Post

Best Homemade Dog Shampoo: All Natural Oatmeal Dog Shampoo

I found this DIY dog shampoo at this link.  Within the post is a link to her homemade flea shampoo.  https://www.freebiefindingmom.com/b...

Thursday, December 26, 2013

DIY Thread Holder

http://creativehomemakers.blogspot.com/2011/01/sewing-thread-holder.html


Sewing {Thread} Holder

After looking at all my thread on two table for the last 8 months I finally got mySewing Thread Holder done! Yeah!


I thought about buying these but since, when I sew, I like my top & bottom threads to match I needed a way to store my bobbins with the spools. This wall rack will hold 128 spools. Total dimension 31 1/2" x 23 1/2".


I cut some wood "shelves"(1x4's cut in 1/2 length wise= about 1 5/8" wide by 30" long) & hammered in some nails on the front side(1 3/4" apart) for the bobbins. I found this great idea to secure the end of the thread to the bobbin. Its just clear plastic tubing I cut to fit the bobbins(found at Home Depot). I added thin molding to the front to hide the seam. The backing is a piece of beadboard.


Its so nice to be able to find what color I'm looking for. Now I just need to fill it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment