Featured Post

Best Homemade Dog Shampoo: All Natural Oatmeal Dog Shampoo

I found this DIY dog shampoo at this link.  Within the post is a link to her homemade flea shampoo.  https://www.freebiefindingmom.com/b...

Monday, September 9, 2013

SUPER CONCENTRATED NO-GRATE LIQUID LAUNDRY DETERGENT

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2013/03/super-concentrated-no-grate-liquid-laundry-detergent.html

SUPER CONCENTRATED NO-GRATE LIQUID LAUNDRY DETERGENT

homemade liquid laundry detergent
After I posted the Homemade Laundry Detergent – Trial Size Version recipe last week, I had several requests for a concentrated version of the LIQUID Laundry Detergent I am fond of as well.
Since it has been awhile since I’d made up a batch, I figured I’d give it a try. It actually was embarrassingly easy, but I’m going to post about it anyway. :-)
To make a CONCENTRATED batch of No-Grate Liquid Laundry Detergent I started with a smaller container. I used an 89 ounce juice container, which is roughly 30% smaller than the gallon size.

homemade liquid laundry detergent
homemade liquid laundry detergent 2
Then I added:
1/2 cup of Borax
1/2 cup of Washing Soda
1/2 cup of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid (I have used both the Original and the Ultra and haven’t noticed any difference between the two)

homemade liquid laundry detergent 4
Add to that:
4 cups HOT water to dissolve the ingredients, then fill the container the rest of the way with cold water. The ingredients do tend to settle at the bottom between uses, but I just give the bottle a good shake before adding it to the washer.
The ingredients in this recipe are a little more than double the amount from the original. Combined with 30% less water I decided 1/4 cup per large load of clothes should be sufficient.

homemade liquid laundry detergent 7
Over the last few days I have done probably half a dozen loads of clothes using this mixture and have been, once again, completely satisfied with the results. Since this liquid version doesn’t contain the oxygen bleach component that my DRY version does, I add some of that to my white loads.
Just another option in our fight against dirty laundry!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment